photo by fotologic
If you've been watching the news you know the financial crisis has gone global. Here are a few reminders to keep your family prepared for potential economic hardship.
- Keep emergency CASH on hand for food and gas in case they freeze the banks and credit cards
- Stock up on food, water, and household basics (toilet paper, diapers, etc.)
- Keep your gas tank full and your car maintenance up to date
- Keep your cell phone charged
- Live within your means
- Pay off your debt
- Have an action plan for loss of electricity, food, water, money access, and lack of gasoline
- Eliminate addictions (including food, cigarettes, shopping, ect.) - [you don't want to deal with withdrawal symptoms or the choice between your addiction and food if a crisis hits]
- Learn to live simply and be happy without "things"
- Stay healthy and active
- Keep your body and mind flexible
- Don't panic or be afraid with what's going on - but be prepared